Mother’s Day is here and if you have picked a splendid and radiant aquamarine ring to surprise your mother because it’s her birthstone then knowing about aquamarine care is good and helpful. Aquamarine is the official birthstone for March born. It is famously called “Mermaid’s stone” as it exhibits various shades of sea blue and gives a clear resemblance of calm and vast greenish blue sea.
Aquamarine is a durable and affordable stone. You are not required to explain its beauty because a dazzling aquamarine piece would probably be in your hand which you’ll gift your mom. Isn’t that flawless piece tempting? It’s the ultra-lustrous beauty of this gem that leaves the admirers miserable for not being the owner of it.
As this is a gift for mom, it will surely express your feeling of honoring her for everything she has done for you in life. Aquamarine represents protection, peace, togetherness and affection.
If your mom already has some aquamarine baubles then she must know the ways to care for this gem but if this is the first time she would be receiving an aquamarine jewelry gift then you should explain her the dos and don’ts she should follow to keep this gift souvenir for rest of the life.
Here are some quick tips for novice aquamarine owners to help them in keeping the jewelry new and lustrous.
· Always wear the jewelry in the end to avoid the effect of hard chemicals present in the cosmetics.
· Clean the jewelry at regular intervals depending on the frequency of use.
· To clean at home use a solution of mild detergent and Luke warm water, gently polish the jewelry, then allow it to soak for few minutes, remove the grime with a soft brush, rinse and pat dry with cotton cloth.
· Store the jewelry in a box with separate compartments after wrapping in a soft cloth.
· Visit an experienced jeweler once a year for examining the mounting and setting.
· Never use ultrasonic cleaners to clean aquamarines.
· Never use harsh detergents, ammonia and alcohol for cleaning.
· Don’t wear the jewelry while swimming.
· Don’t expose it in sunlight for a longer time.
Now that you know the caring tips, get ready to surprise your mom with one of the finest gems under your fist. Enjoy Mother’s Day!